• Please log in to reply
985 replies to this topic

#841 Urosh

Urosh
  • Moderators
  • 983 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Bit random but what are people's thoughts on the clothing options so far? I remember loading up The Sims 3 base game and wondering if any of the designers had ever been out in public or watched television because the clothes were so... unique?

I noticed that even during Gamescom from that tiny selection of outfits. They seemed really modern and sleek, I love it. I hated The Sims 3 clothes. My Sims had HD TVs and wore outfits that looked like they were bought in a 20th century second-hand shop. :lol: I can actually see myself wearing same clothes in real life as my Sims do in game. :D

• Enjoji101 likes this
signatures are too expensive these days.

#842 Valands

Valands
  • Moderators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm really pleased this time with the clothing options. They look great, appealing and fits their shapes well.

• Enjoji101 likes this

People are getting mad that I’m standing in the airplane aisle while we are boarding. Don’t they no I have to stretch my legs a litle?

- Miranda

#843 screenfiend

screenfiend
  • Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

I really like them too, it's nice to get some relatively normal clothes for guys for a change. Is it bad that I'm hoping the store has good clothes too? I never went too wild with the TS3 store but I have to admit I bought some clothes and premium content items when they were on sale and Aurora Skies because I was bored/waiting for Island Paradise.

I'm not great at the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

#844 screenfiend

screenfiend
  • Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

http://honeywellsims...-sims-4-demo-im

What are we thinking? I know it's all basically unofficial but I reckon we could see a CAS demo soon, the question is do we want one? Obviously if a demo came out I would download it immediately and be on it all day everyday but I can't help but wonder if it would dampen our initial experience of the final game. I don't know, maybe it would be nice to be good at making TS4 sims before I make the family that I will hopefully be sticking with for a long time.

#845 Urosh

Urosh
  • Moderators
  • 983 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

I would love it honestly. I find CAS and the gameplay somewhat distant features. I can't remember the last time I actually made Sims I play. In 2012, I made the family (first generation of my current household) and since then, all my active Sims were products of genetics. So to me, what I make in CAS isn't really what I want to play.

That said, I feel like I do need to practice in CAS a bit. I've never been a great CAS or builder Simmer, so if I got the game, I'd probably be clueless as to how I could remake my Sims (ones I intend to carry over). It might be best for me to make random Sims in CAS first and then when I feel like I've got it, I'll make my own family. :)

It would be great to see CAS videos all over the internet, that'd be awesome promo for TS4, and I'm interested in seeing how creative people can get and just how diverse Sims can be. :D

ETA: Also, I think that CAS demo will happen eventually. That file SimsCommunity found is not just random logos, it's for cover arts, so I'm thinking something meant for an Origin cover or something.

#846 screenfiend

screenfiend
  • Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

I pretty much made new sims in CAS every time I booted up The Sims 3 because I'd play with one family but I never saw the point of carrying on once they had good jobs and a lot of money. It all depends on the quality of the game and variety of interactions, skills and hobbies for me because I used to play rich families all the time in TS2 and never get bored. I wish I could play a legacy in TS3 but I get so bored of the same things day in day out and end up quitting before my original sim is dead. In fact I've never had a sim I've made reach elder and then die and I play with normal lifespans haha. 

#847 Urosh

Urosh
  • Moderators
  • 983 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

I pretty much made new sims in CAS every time I booted up The Sims 3 because I'd play with one family but I never saw the point of carrying on once they had good jobs and a lot of money. It all depends on the quality of the game and variety of interactions, skills and hobbies for me because I used to play rich families all the time in TS2 and never get bored. I wish I could play a legacy in TS3 but I get so bored of the same things day in day out and end up quitting before my original sim is dead. In fact I've never had a sim I've made reach elder and then die and I play with normal lifespans haha. 

I used to play like that before I made this family. Since then, they're all I played in TS3 (around 2.5 years now, I think). I'm too attached to then. I had 4 original Sims (brothers and sisters), then two of them continued (the other two died alone lol) and I still have their descendants in my game :D Nraas' Story Progression saved that family tree honestly. I originally played with aging off for a few months, then I got bored of it (by that time my original Sim Roderick got to the top of singer career and earned about 25k Simoleons per performance so they're filthy rich still).

But I'm such a bad player. Now my Sims don't work at all, since they have money. But money is evaporating fast. They went from having around 250.000$ to just 90.000$ :lol: Constant home makeovers, bunch of cars that nobody needs, always eating out, spending money.. eh, good times. I honestly wish they'd go bankrupt soon XD It'd add more fun to the game haha

I do agree with you that in TS2 despite being filthy rich it was still fun to play the game. Hopefully same goes for TS4.

#848 screenfiend

screenfiend
  • Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Ugh. My excitement for the game has plummeted to an all time low, I'm just sick of the gurus being coy and withholding, at first it was like they just didn't want to tell us everything all at once but now it feels like awkward silence because of a lack of detail in the game. I feel like I've been 'marketed' a third of a game and they're not going to answer any of the big questions so we can see for ourselves in September and the resounding answer for 'Will there be (X) in the game?' will be nope.

:-|

• Enjoji101 likes this

#849 Urosh

Urosh
  • Moderators
  • 983 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

@Screenfiend - I don't even feel like I've been marketed 1/3 of the game honestly :P

I wrote a gigantic post about this, but eventually figured I don't really mean half the stuff I wrote because I'm just stressed overall lately due to exams (three lined up one after another this week) and I'm easily annoyed by everything.

Bad things:

- I dislike Grant's attitude when responding. Treating questions with sarcasm is kinda unprofessional in my opinion.

- I don't like that we can't have rooms with and without foundation on the same lot.

- No world editor = me sad.

Good things, although not so good to shine the light on the bad ones:

- Herbs & flowers are part of the gardening

- Night jobs

Despite all of my annoyance, I'm still sold on the game and I think it'll be fun and interesting, but at the same time, I am absolutely done with whatever they are trying to accomplish. Hopefully I'll be able to leave this behind if they ever start actually promoting the game. I feel like I should go into a deep sleep until Gamescom...... or, you know, September 2nd.  :lol:

#850 screenfiend

screenfiend
  • Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

I've written a huge rant of a post on tumblr that I keep adding to in my head but it'll never make its way out of my drafts, like you, I don't mean half of the stuff I say in it, I'm (and the community as a whole) just frustrated with miscommunications and stale information. I think I'd be looking forward to the game more if all I'd done was follow the official twitter and not looked for news elsewhere.

The game still looks decent from what we've seen and I'll still be ecstatic when it arrives in the post. I just hope it's stable, has a good amount of content and is fun.
  • Urosh likes this

#851 Urosh

Urosh
  • Moderators
  • 983 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Ok, so no pools and no toddlers confirmed. I'm shocked, honestly. Pools, not so much. But toddlers.. umm, I DEFINITELY hope that baby stage is something in between babies and toddlers now. I myself rarely play with toddlers, I always age them up asap, but this sucks a lot.

I can see this being a dealbreaker for some Simmers :s

Ok, so no pools and no toddlers confirmed. I'm shocked, honestly. Pools, not so much. But toddlers.. umm, I DEFINITELY hope that baby stage is something in between babies and toddlers now. I myself rarely play with toddlers, I always age them up asap, but this sucks a lot.

I can see this being a dealbreaker for some Simmers :s

#852 Valands

Valands
  • Moderators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hm, I'm thinking that babies are something between those yeah because they did confirm baby limbs. :)

People are getting mad that I’m standing in the airplane aisle while we are boarding. Don’t they no I have to stretch my legs a litle?

- Miranda

#853 simlink

simlink
  • Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

I don't even know anymore... isn't that something that they should have perhaps mentioned earlier?

I could see pools being added later, but this will be the first time they aren't in the base game. Pools are pretty common, and I'm pretty cheesed about it.

I guess maybe they merged the life stages more, but baby > child is still a huge gap, and feels like a step back to TS1. :/

Im interested in the rationale behind removing them. And not the "Oh, this is a completely new game" rationale that seems to come up everytime something gets deleted from a previous game, the true rationale as to why it was cut. You don't cut something just because this is a new game...

So yea, that'd be interesting to see.

Honestly, at this point, they keep making more questions than they answer. It's painful to watch. :P

3GnR8g1.jpg

Simlink Productions Board | My TS3 Uploads 

Follow me On Twitter @SimopsisForums

#854 Cavia porcellus

Cavia porcellus
  • Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

I hate that toddlers are removed.. Couldn't care less about pools, though. They HAVE to be added in the future, though I don't know if that's possible even with this supposed 'powerful base for future updates'.
The only good thing about this is that at least we won't get an asinine life stage, like the fugly watered down copy/pasted Sims 3 toddlers.
I see that some MTS members want their own 'Kickstarter' game, or whatever. Can we actually play the game before dumping it completely? Was it this extreme with The Sims 3? Honestly, if The Sims 3 got away with a bare bones base game, Sims 4 will be fine without toddlers for a bit before they get added (hopefully).
I need to think of a signature now?! PFFFFFFZSH.... *overload* *overload* *overload*

#855 screenfiend

screenfiend
  • Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Not sure how I feel about the toddler thing, I quite like toddlers and I thought they'd get some decent new interactions in The Sims 4 but it's certainly not a big issue for me. I'd rather the developers just leave them out completely though, rather than adding them later in an expansion or something, adding an item is one thing but a life stage feels a bit too much like they're money grabbing.

Pools don't bother me at all, I never added them in TS3 because they were an unnecessary expense for some pretty crap gameplay. Maybe it doesn't bother me as much because they're not very common in Britain?

#856 Valands

Valands
  • Moderators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

When he says this, "And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!"

I am not really that bothered anymore to be honest.

- Miranda

#857 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Since I haven't visited these forums and any Sim-related news, is there going to be a multiplayer (co-op) mode?

Impatiently waiting for The Sims 4.

#858 trackshoes

trackshoes
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

I'm a little disappointed about toddlers, to be honest.  I thought they were really going to do a lot with them this time, with the whole "back to the Sims" thing.  Sims 3 toddlers had so much potential but ended up being really meh.  But I could see them adding them in an expansion pack, and hopefully making them as adorable as they should be.  Sims 2 they added young adults in the University Expansion... so maybe it would be kind of a like a generations expansion pack, like they did with Sims 3...

Pools I honestly don't really care about either, they were only good for killing off Sims, but after they took that feature away, what was the point? ;)

#859 Valands

Valands
  • Moderators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Since I haven't visited these forums and any Sim-related news, is there going to be a multiplayer (co-op) mode?

There is a high chance we won't get it. :(

- Miranda

#860 Urosh

Urosh
  • Moderators
  • 983 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Slight rant incoming and sorry if anyone is offended.

I am very disappointed with Sims community since last night. Even people I follow on Twitter, who I thought were even somewhat rational, were sending hate messages to gurus, constantly complain etc. As a person who doesn't have a Sims-only Twitter (I use my Twitter for personal stuff as well, which I tweet in my first language), I found it so hard to even see tweets from my (non-sim) friends in the sea of "fuck you, EA" and "WHY THAT IS SO STUPID". It ended up with me temporarily muting most of the Simmers I follow, which is rather sad.

I don't know about others, but I know there's nothing I can do that will make any removed content magically appear in the game. What I can do is politely express the disappointment and hope that sometime in future I see the change towards that direction. Being rude, cursing, "wishing the game flops"... that's only doing more harm than good.

It is more than obvious that gurus are aware of how wanted toddlers are, and people saying "I can't believe they pretend like it's no big deal" really need to get a grip. All gurus on Twitter I've seen have acknowledged the fact toddlers are wanted, with Graham even saying that adding additional life stages is possible, and I had Grant reply to me personally stating that they hear the feedback.

Is it much to ask for people to not be mean to others? What does it take for people to learn being assertive?  :???:

When they said "no online play", "no multiplayer" I kept my cool despite it being the only feature I truly wanted to see in The Sims 4 since forever. It was more important to me having multiplayer than other features. But I still appreciate the game despite it not having what I want. But you know what.. I like it the way it is so far. And I think that some Simmers should understand that Sims is a game. A game which you love. But it's a game.

Complaining about toddlers or pools like it's doomsday is the equivalent of me going on rants about (for example) a hero in Heroes Of Newerth not being able to use health to cast spells, because there were such heroes in Dota. Or that they never release support heroes which are the only heroes I play so I'm stuck with original 5-10 heroes. The reason I don't complain is because I don't see why I should. They develop the game, it's up to me to decide whether it's something I want to play or not.

Simmers want all those features in The Sims 4 simply to have a reason for purchasing it. It's not even about the game itself to them as far as I can tell. It's about "continuing with the next generation", so they need all reasons (other than "It looks like a fun game") to help them make that decision, and it's kinda selfish.  :???:

• Valands and trackshoes like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Sims 4, Chit Chat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users